Experience design is quite a new concept, although people have been designing to create an experience for years.
6 dimensions experience design is made up of:
- Time/Duration (To go round/participate/engage/some designs you might have to watch something happen)
- Interactivity (Can be very interactive or not at all/can be physically or psychologically)
- Intensity (How intensive the design is or the experience created)
- Breadth/Consistency (It might cover a lot of space or not much. It might also all be similar or different in content)
- Sensorial and Cognitive Triggers (Things that cause you to use your senses and acquire knowledge and understanding)
- Significance/Meaning (Good experience design should have a purpose and stay with people after they leave, a lasting memory/deeper understanding)
– To create a good experience design I will need to understand and utilise these ‘dimensions’ and do so in a way that enhances my idea.